Manager of Product Development, Hotel Content and Payments
As the Manager of Product Development, Hotel Content Payments you will contribute to developing the company’s hotel and payment products by defining core product and platform requirements, creating innovative solutions and managing the execution of the product roadmap.
As a Product Manager you will define the product strategy, understand the market and competitive landscape and work with customers and internal stakeholders, including Technology, Supplier Relations & Revenue Management, Service Delivery and Operations, Client Sales, Marketing and others. Your goal is to respond to customer and market input and invent new features and experiences that enable W Travel to provide the most competitive hotel and payment solutions in the marketplace.
Hotel Content refers to Bookable Inventory (Availability, Rates etc.) and Non Bookable Content (rich content, images and other description/digital assets; user generated content etc.). You will be determining the latest technology and products in the market and assess how it could positively impact W Travel’s business. You will be responsible for tactical or strategic roadmap projects as assigned to you. You will also provide subject matter expertise on how the latest technology and products in the market could positively impact W Travel's business. You will be a domain expert in your product area and will act as an advisor to internal teams and senior management on transport content. You will have a direct impact on how we service our customers.
This role is critical to W Travel's future growth and we’re looking for outstanding and seasoned candidates.
- Shape hotel content and payments product strategy
- Develop a deep understanding of the competitive landscape and customer needs
- Define the product roadmap and user stories in collaboration with Business stakeholders
- Collaborate with internal engineering resources and key technology vendors on product delivery
- Ensure product releases are on time and budget and meet internal and external customer needs
- Communicate with management, senior executives and stakeholders on product direction, strategy and upcoming projects
- Advise internal teams on decisions and questions related hotel content and payments
- Responsible for both tactical and strategic product roadmap items as assigned to you
- Create and maintain product and process documentation on an ongoing basis
- Work effectively with cross functional teams
- Technology vendor relationship and issue resolution management
- 5+ years experience in Product Management with a solid track record of successful product delivery
- 3+ years of detailed knowledge of Hotel Content, Distribution, Revenue Management, Payment systems, workflows and processes
- Good understanding of technology and product development lifecycle, including experience with agile software development and prioritizing backlogs for engineers
- Proven ability to work effectively in a complex, diverse, global and changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to navigate the organization, collaborate effectively with multiple stakeholders and overcome project barriers
- Technical and Business acumen is a must
- Familiarity with current travel distribution technologies and how these are evolving
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex, scalable systems
- Familiarity with travel management
- Degree in Business, Mathematics, Computer Science or Engineering desirable